Boone is an incredible place to visit nestled in the Blue Ridge mountains. Here is an itinerary for a stellar weekend in Boone, North Carolina:
- Start your day with a hike on the trails of the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic drive with several stops for short hikes and overlooks. You can stop at Price Lake, Rough Ridge, or Linn Cove Viaduct for some great views.
- Have lunch at Coyote Kitchen, a restaurant that serves southwestern cuisine with a focus on local ingredients and vegan options.
- Visit the Turchin Center for the Visual Arts, located in the heart of the Appalachian State University campus, and explore its collection of contemporary art exhibitions and programs.
- Enjoy dinner at Proper, a restaurant known for its farm-to-table fare and craft cocktails.
- Catch a performance or event at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts, a venue that hosts a variety of live music, theater, and dance performances throughout the year.
- Go for a morning hike in the Grandfather Mountain State Park, where you can hike to the top of Grandfather Mountain or explore the Mile High Swinging Bridge, the highest suspension footbridge in America.
- Have lunch at The Pedalin’ Pig, a local BBQ joint that serves up some delicious ribs, pulled pork, and brisket.
- Visit the Appalachian Ski Mountain and take part in some snow sports such as skiing or snowboarding. You can rent equipment on site.
- Enjoy dinner at Vidalia, a cozy farm-to-table restaurant serving Southern cuisine.
- End your night at Lost Province Brewing Co., a local brewery that offers a variety of craft beers made on-site and delicious wood-fired pizzas.
- Have breakfast at Melanie’s Food Fantasy, a diner-style breakfast spot with a wide range of breakfast options.
- Visit the Mast General Store, a historic landmark known for its old-fashioned candy, outdoor gear, and home goods.
- Go wine tasting at Banner Elk Winery & Villa, and enjoy some of their award-winning wines while taking in the stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- If you still have time, visit the Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a scenic area with a beautiful estate, hiking trails, and fishing spots.
This itinerary should give you a taste of some of the best activities, food, and drinks that Boone, North Carolina has to offer. Of course, feel free to adjust it to your liking or add your own activities. Have a great trip!